This morning I woke up at 5am because I was too excited to sleep. The rest of the dreamweaver power tools was better than I could have even imagined. I learned ALL of the things that I have never been able to understand about using PHP and accessing MySQL databases in dreamweaver.
Today, I will finally get to see the expo. I am still resisting the iMac, but it is not easy. I will get to play with them and the MacBooks at the expo. There are all kinds of fun things going on for the next few days. Lots of free workshops and demonstrations.
My brain keeps compiling a list of mostly ridiculous reasons why it would be good to get an iMac. There are many. There is only one reason not to, but since that reason is money, it is a hard list to balance. Thanks to the magic of credit cards, there is a pretty good chance (80%) that the iMac will win.
The list so far:
- Larger screen – this is the main reason. While I can do almost everything I need to on my 12″ powerbook screen, there are pretty severe limitations when working with any kind of graphics program or trying to compare multiple files at once.
- Speed/Performance – I am a computer geek and tend to overload any computer that I have. Any boost helps.
- Games – not an actual reason, especially considering that I have an xbox with a bunch of games that are not even completed yet, but still impossible to ignore.
- It’s Pretty – also not a reason
- It is shiny – see above
- Did I mention the big screen?
Steve Jobs is a marketing genius, and I am an easy target. Time to go the expo now.