2023 has been a mostly good year except for losing Buster unexpectedly last month and some other friends before that. I got a few new clients and worked on some interesting websites. Very happy to be working part time for AWN now and looking forward to another year of doing that. Also looking forward to visiting my family in Florida in March and September and to K going full-time private practice. Happiest of all to have had another year with K and most of the year with Buster.
- Joey and Squiggy – 4 days after Buster left us, we went to the SPCA and got Joey and Squiggy, two 4.5 month old kitten brothers. We still miss Buster terribly, but these boys have done a lot to cheer us up. I think that they are very happy here.
- Visiting family – Always nice to see my family. I miss them a lot and it is great to get to see them a couple of times a year and to FaceTime during the rest of the year.
- Dead & Company in Philly – Awesome show with awesome friends!
- Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks – Another awesome show.
- M2 Max Macbook Pro – Having a second computer has definitely brought some peace of mind and it runs almost everything I need it to without RAM warnings. Would definitely recommend the Apple Refurbished Store for good deals on like-new hardware.
- AirPods Pro 2 – Got these for free, along with Apple Care + and a magsafe charger, thanks to an Amazon Business credit card offer when my old earbuds started shorting out. I wear headphones a lot and the noise cancellation is really nice. Also nice that they have adaptive mode for when I am outside so that I can still hear the traffic noises. My favorite thing about them is how easily they switch between my Apple devices. The only thing that they don’t connect to automatically is the TV.
- Mac Power Users is still my favorite podcast this year, with honorable mention to Films to Be Buried With with Brett Goldstein, and the Handsome podcast with Tig Notaro, Fortune Feimster, and Mae Martin.
- Netflix – Watched a bunch of shows that I have been curious about including Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Ozark, and The Walking Dead.