I was an insomniac again last night, but I didn’t really mind. Got some good rest anyway. Me and K had some laughs in the middle of the night, mostly due to to Nikkyo falling down behind the bed repeatedly.
Other interesting things I found while not sleeping include:
- A site about autism and autism advocacy authored by Joel Smith. It is called This Way of Life, and includes a great description of living with autism which, with the exception of the part about ‘face blindness’, I could relate to very much.
- A great wordpress appreciation video
- Screenshots of Office 2008 for mac at tuaw.com
First impressions of OmniWeb 5:
- Coolest feature: You can add a custom search to the search bar for ANY site that has a search box!
- Per site preferences are really handy. Options include what to do with popups, where to allow images from, and use of custom css.
- I had trouble getting the wordpress song video to play from the authors website. It worked in Firefox. There was no problem getting it to play directly from the viddler site.
- It crashed for no apparent reason and did not remember my rearranged bookmarks. Very annoying!
- I have been enjoying browsing with it for the most part. I like the sidebar with screenshots for tabs. I wonder if there is a firefox extension for this. I know there is an addon for Safari that will do it (Safari Stand).
- As usual, nothing can replace Firefox for pure browsing goodness 🙂
3 thoughts on “Interesting Things”
I love the “Being an Autistic’s Friend” part on that website, that’s great!
Thanks for pointing that out! I missed it before. Those words could have come straight out of my brain. It still amazes me how so many people can share such a huge amount of similarities in such a wide range of areas.
Well worth visiting Joel every time he posts.
The other geeky stuff is probably out of my league [technically challenged person] Firefox protects me from myself! Glad that your sleepless hours were so productive.